Skip to main content

My 60-day Juice Fast

In February of 2014, I had a major headache. Concerned, my husband inquired about my blood pressure, which turned out to be 179/113 (scary high). No wonder I had a headache!

Though my doctor ended up putting me on a blood pressure medicine, everything in my entire being is fighting the fact that I am now on medication for something that I can control. How messed up is that?

As a result, my husband and I decided to make a change. We'd tried juicing recently, and lost about 25 pounds each. But through lack of resolve and self-control, we failed.

We have decided to try juicing again. This time around, I definitely have some ammunition to succeed: Get off these blood pressure meds!

 I do not want to be fat anymore! There are a lot of things I want, and being this way is holding me back from so much! I do NOT want to be FAT... ANYMORE!!!!!

So here I am, making a commitment: 60 days of doing what is right. Beginning to undo the wrong I have done to myself over the past 12 years. I invite you to take my journey with me.

To keep myself accountable, I'll be posting every day. I will post some of the juices I drink, along with the recipes so you can enjoy them, too. I'll also write about what I'm feeling and going through.

I hope this helps you as much as it helps me!

XOXO,
- Lindsey




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutrition...

Is a word I really don’t use much or really have ever used.  Other word (s) not in Lindsey's dictionary:   Healthy Portion Control Fitness   Now, over the span of the last decade, I have been on diets and exercised and ate things that were good, but my basis on living and eating were not and never have been towards being healthy.  Being on Weight Watchers has given me another perspective on these terms.  Being healthy is important!!  Having the right nutrition is important.  I have a long way to go, but I feel that I am learning these things. When I first started Weight Watchers, my lunch consisted of 100-calorie snacks and WW cookies and WW Smart Ones frozen dinners.  While those things are ok, they are not nutritional sound.  My lunch now consists of stings cheese, yogurt, fiber bar, chicken, grapes and a salad.  For me this is like, WOW!  I am awesome!  I really could do this healthy thing!! Why did it seem so hard before?     My motivation at this point is to get into a pair of

Shopping for the Bridemaids dresses!

I had imagined what this would be like… Looking at all the beautiful dresses and having my best friends being just awesome and trying on a dozen of dresses so that I was sure that I was getting the right one, them being silly and goofy and oh so funny. They just surpassed everything that I could imagine and made this just wonderful for me. I have the most wonderful friends and by the looks of the pictures, the funniest. All shoulders. HUNCH!!! HUNCH!! Amy? Uh.... not really sure. LOVE the shoulder thing.. NOT Sup. There really aren't any words.... except well..... nope don't have any Oh yeah... I'm too sexy... I am just going to assume they don't like this one. Pretty Girls ~I am sure they will kill me for posting these, but oh well, the damage is done.... muh-ha ha ha ha.

January 6th - 10th

Those are the dates, the dates that the treadmill will be delivered. It is the 6th already. Where is my treadmill? I know I shouldn’t be antsy, but I am. My husband’s daughter signed up for the ½ marathon and it got me thinking about doing that. Now, the ½ marathon is definitely out of me reach, but I am hoping by September that my husband and I will be able to participate in one of the Fort4Fitness races. I can’t believe that I am writing this. I have been over-weight for more 10 years and I would have never imagined that I would even consider doing this for myself. This is the year. This is the year that I become myself again. I used to be so athletic and now, I couldn’t run for 5 minutes without stopping. I am so looking forward to this treadmill and this training schedule. This is very exciting for me. If only my treadmill would get here. :)